2020 First half and forward: Music industry figures

Wise man said music is mathematics. So, it’s tightly connected to figures and facts. Amadei has collected most important figures about music industry in...

Wise man said music is mathematics. So, it’s tightly connected to figures and facts. Amadei has collected most important figures about music industry in Q1 of 2020.

What’s going on now

Streaming has grown up to 26.2% with around 26.6 million units. The growth is steady, but slightly slower compared to Q4 in 2019 (29.5%)

Total music consumption has shown 8.2% increase. In Q4 2019 this rate has shown only 2% increase. So, we are catching a wave.

Physical albums (yes, someone is still buying them) selling were down 19.8%. Digital albums suffered even worse decline: 27.3% with over two million units sold/downloaded.

What will happen?

Goldman Sachs calculated possible prognosis and future of music economy. Something is bright, something is not.

Live music will suffer 75% decline by the end of 2020 (guess why). On the other hand, total music revenue will grow up 25% by the end of the year.

At the end of decade, analysts expects total $142 billion revenue. Online streaming will cap 1.2 billions users at the end of 2030

What does it mean? Keep on making music, music is eternal.  Think about online streaming, try to develop this way. Amadei will help you anyway

Amadei Promotion service

Contact us
Subscribe to our newsletter

    Similar articles

    share
    💳Amadei Card for Musicians Only!
    💸Make your everyday purchases with Amadei card and get rewards to promote your music.Amadei offers customised financing, rewards and support for Musicians.…
    share
    Get $3000, $15000 or $25000 funding for music promotion!
    ✨What you need to do:Subscribe to @theamadeiWrite in dm “Choose my track”. ✨100% of financed amount goes to music promotion via:YouTube, Spotify, Apple Music, Instagram, Pitching on the Radio and to playlists, PR, Media Coverage, Influencers. ✨Requirements:The artist signs an exclusive licensing agreement with Amadei label.Amadei distributes track to all…
    share
    Hey there! We are happy to present you the winners of our giveaway!
    🎧Free “Crash test” package goes to: https://www.instagram.com/inkz_mccall/ https://www.instagram.com/r3llyzworld/ 💽And these lucky ones get free track distribution: https://www.instagram.com/tiringatom/ https://www.instagram.com/samut9i_official/ https://www.instagram.com/tribelskaya_music0372/ We want to thank everyone for participating and @hitusaradio for their support.Stay tuned for more gifts and cool news💥…
    Show more
    Categories
    Music 45 Posts
    Music Industry 12 Posts
    Production 4 Posts
    Releases 23 Posts
    Tools 5 Posts
    Your stories 9 Posts